Re: Heapless C/C++

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Shiv Shankar Dayal
<shivshankar.dayal@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, instead of a stack and a heap, you now have a stack and "something that
> looks
> exactly like a heap but we'll call it a stacky-thing" which will be used for all
> the
> allocations that would have gone on the heap.
>
> I think we're back at square one here...
>
> Regards,
>
> David P.

 No. Heap area is distributed among many processes. Depending upon the
 requirement and state of heap any process can get memory at any location.
 In my opinion a process can get memory only from its own stack. The job
 of increasing and decreasing stack is left to OS.

 Also, I thought more and found two more things should be there.
 1) Dynamic typing because templates syntax is way too complex.
 2) As much as compile time computation as much possible. Something like
 compile time constant computation of templates. I want to leave less and less
 to runtime. This means all I/O like stdin, mouse, network, file, IPC,
 inter-thread will not allow such computation to take place.

 --
 Best regards,

--
Best regards,