Re: i370 port

Paul Edwards wrote:

> Unfortunately it's not quite right, seemingly not loading R9 properly:
>
> LR    9,13
> AR    9,13
> MVC   0(10,9),0(2)

That's weird.  What does the reload dump (.greg) say?

> And it had a knock-on effect too, producing bad code elsewhere:
>
> <          SLR   2,2
> <          SLR   3,3
> <          ST    2,128(13)
> <          ST    3,4+128(13)
> <          ST    2,136(13)
> <          ST    3,4+136(13)
> <          ST    2,144(13)
> <          ST    3,4+144(13)
> ---
> >          MVC   128(8,13),=F'0'
> >          MVC   136(8,13),=F'0'
> >          MVC   144(8,13),=F'0'
>
> But I guess that is another can of worms to investigate.

It seems the literal is not marked as being doubleword.  That might
be related to the fact that const_int's do not carry a mode, so you
cannot just look at the literal's mode to determine the required
size, but have to take the full instruction into account ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE