Re: [RFC] Remove -freorder-blocks-and-partition

On 07/19/11 23:33, Richard Henderson wrote:
> But after pass_partition_blocks, we run into trouble.  There
> are no less than 4 other passes that add *new* crossing jumps
> without doing *any* of the subsequent fixups for less capable
> targets: pass_outof_cfg_layout_mode, pass_reorder_blocks,
> pass_sched2 (ia64 only? it's in code in haifa that looks like
> speculative load fixups), and pass_convert_to_eh_region_ranges.

Is it possible to leave it in for targets to call during their reorg
pass, which I'm assuming is late enough? Really the entire pass pipeline
after reload needs rethinking.

I'm not necessarily opposed to removing it though. I also ran into the
lack of test coverage.

Bernd