IPA and LTO

Hello,

I have written a simple ipa pass and would like to make use of Link time
optimisation.  My pass requires access to the function bodies and ideally I
would like the driver function to be called once at link time and have
access to functions in all of the files as if they were one compilation
unit.  The documentation would indicate that this is possible, but ad hoc
instrumentation of some of the other simple ipa passes seems to suggest
different behaviour.

My question is whether LTO can be used in this way, to have a simple ipa
pass called once at link time with access to the function bodies, and if so
how is this achieved?  cgraph_function_body_availability seems to only be
half the story.

I am using GCC 4.6.0 with the gold linker plugin (binutils 2.21).

Andrew