Re: RFD: CUMULATIVE_ARGS allocation

Joern Rennecke <joern.rennecke@embecosm.com> writes:

> - make INIT_CUMULATIVE_ARGS allocate using garbage-collected memory.
>   That would require that each target provides appropriately
> typedefed / GTY-ed
>   definitions.  Multi-target operation would also require an index inside
>   cumulative_args_t to decide during GC which target's GC functions to call.

As far as I can see, these issues are already issues today, as
incoming_args in function.h is itself a GTY-ed structure.  Note that no
index inside cumulative_args_t is required; GC code can test other
variables, as in the symtab field of tree_type_common in tree.h.

So I think this option is the way to go.

Ian