Re: LIBGCC2_FLAGS not used by libgcc2 configure?

On 20/06/11 13:08, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Yes, it's libgcc/configure that's failing. So, you mean I should
MULTILIB_EXTRA_OPTS=-mas-mode in my t- makefile fragment?

Yes.

I will give that a try.

Alternatively, you implied that your backend always needs this option. In that case you could make it the default or you could add it to DRIVER_SELF_SPECS. Or did you just mean that you always need it for libgcc2 but not for user code?

My backend as two 'compilation modes' (the generated code differs slightly).

I added a define into the command line by doing
make CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD="-DAS_MODE"

and then in my backend header:
#ifdef AS_MODE
#undef CC1_SPEC
#define CC1_SPEC "%{!mas-mode:-mas-mode}"
#endif

However, this is not working since gcc.c is not being compiled with the CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD, meaning it's not being passed -DAS_MODE in the command line and therefore no defining CC1_SPEC.

Which flag (like CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) can I use that is passed in the command line to compile the driver?

Cheers,
--
Paulo Matos