Re: More atomic functions please

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Piotr Wyderski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if it should be better handled as missed optimization,
> but there is a certain lack of functionality in the GCC's __sync_*
> function family.

I don't think we should add new functions to that family; instead the aim
should be to implement the functionality (built-in functions etc.)
required for a good implementation of the C1x and C++0x atomics support,
and recommend users to use those in future.

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Atomic

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com