Re: GAS GCC FAQ query

Gerald Pfeifer wrote, On 08/05/11 14:02:
On Fri, 6 May 2011, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
I would propose to clarify as:

"To ensure that GCC finds the GNU assembler (or the GNU linker),"
I see no harm in that change, Gerald, what do you think?

Agreed. Things would have been different twenty years ago, but these days using linker is a lot more natural and common (as a grep in gcc/doc confirms, too).

I went ahead and applied the patch below. Thanks for suggesting this!

Great the change has been made Gerald, Jonathan, thank you.

Best regards, Jon