GCC Release Management

The GCC Steering Committee appointed me to the role of GCC Release
Manager on March 22, 2000, as part of the GCC 3.0 release cycle.  Eleven
years and umpteen releases later, it's time for me to relinquish that
position.  I am just as interested in GCC as ever, but I simply no
longer have the time to contribute to GCC on a day-to-day basis.

Fortunately, in 2008, the GCC SC added three co-RMs: Jakub Jelinek,
Joseph Myers, and Richard Guenther.  The three of them have shouldered
the majority of the load over the past couple of years.  The SC
collectively and I personally have every confidence in their ability to
do continue onwards.  In fact, I have no doubt that they will do a
better job together of managing future releases than I did.

During my tenure as RM, I received the support, kind words, and
constructive criticism of many, many people -- far too many to name.  I
am very grateful for all of that and, more generally, for having had the
opportunity to be involved in such an important open-source project.

Thank you,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics