Re: page translation

Bohdan Zograf <bozograf@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm willing to translate publication located at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/egcs-1.1/ to the Belorussian language
> (my mother tongue). What I'm asking for is your written permission, so
> you don't mind after I'll post the translation to my blog. The
> translation is intended only for web, no print copies planned.
> Visitors of your website, who come from Minsk (Belorussia) will be the
> ones, who will read this blogpost, that's the only way to spread them,
> no additional instruments we can use. Every translation we ever do
> does not costs a penny for the webpage, which is translated. All we
> ask is to link back in whatever way you feel confident about it.

Please never send messages to both gcc@gcc.gnu.org and
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  This message would be fine on either list, but
not both.  Thanks.

That is a very old web page and that information it contains is not
useful to anybody.  I don't recommend taking the time to translate it.
However, in general I think you should feel free to translate any of the
web pages on http://gcc.gnu.org as long as your translation links back
to the original.

Ian