Re: To Steering Committee: RFC for patch revert policy (PR48403, bootstrap broken on many targets)

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 08:58 -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> And what precisely does "immediately" mean in this context?  1 hour, 3
> hours?  If the breakage happens on a Friday evening, does the
> developer
> have until Monday morning to at least take a looksie?

I don't think developers should be committing patches immediately before
leaving for the weekend if there's a reasonable chance of it affecting
an untested target.  It's discourteous to other developers to
potentially break the tree for an entire weekend.

Check patches in during the morning.  Then if there's a problem arises
you've got a chance to make a reasonable decision about what to do about
it.

R.