Re: To Steering Committee: RFC for patch revert policy (PR48403, bootstrap broken on many targets)

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/05/11 06:23, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>>>
>>> To answer this as well, firstly a proposal that comes with a request to
>>> revert the wrong patch discredits itself.
>>
>> Agreed. Note that in this particular case (and in most cases I can
>> remember) the commit that broke things was identified correctly. This
>> is what HJ's autotester is really good at.
> It's reasonably good at identifying the breakage, but I have certainly
> had cases where the autotester got it wrong as well.

I think what Steven proposed is for bootstrap failures on more than one
primary platforms.  I don't see any harm to unblock GCC development
while offender can work on it off-trunk

BTW, I would recommend git mirror to work on such bugs off-trunk
It is so convenient.

--
H.J.