This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:39:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: DW_AT_GNU_odr_signature
- References: <email@example.com>
> I saw that dwarf2out.c (generate_type_signature) does not just calculate
> the complete type signature for use with DW_AT_signature, but also
> outputs a DW_AT_GNU_odr_signature. The comment says:
> /* First, compute a signature for just the type name (and its
> ? surrounding context, if any. ?This is stored in the type unit DIE
> ? for link-time ODR (one-definition rule) checking. ?*/
> I couldn't find where in the toolchain this link-time checking is done.
> Does anybody have any pointers?
It's not yet implemented. I plan to implement this checking in gold
(as a supplement to the existing --detect-odr-violations flag, which
is based on line number table information) at some point, but it's a