Give me advice on GSoC OpenMP

Hi!

I'm Sho Nakatani, a student of the University of Tokyo, Japan.
I'd like to tackle GSoC this year!
I'm trying to speed up the OpenMP implementation in GCC.

The following graph shows the OpenMP in GCC is much slower than that of Intel C Compiler.
https://github.com/laysakura/GCC-OpenMP-Speedup/raw/master/img/task-gcc-vs-icc.png

Here is the code I on measured the exec time.
https://github.com/laysakura/GCC-OpenMP-Speedup/blob/master/test/openmp-fibonacci.c

And I compiled it by the following command:

    gcc -O3 -fopenmp -o openmp-fibonacci-gcc openmp-fibonacci.c
    icc -O3 -openmp -o openmp-fibonacci-icc openmp-fibonacci.c

After that, I executed them on a machine with 32 AMD CPUs (each has 4 cores).

Currently, I'm planning to change the algorighm of `task' premitive in `libgomp'.
This plan is of course for GSoC but also for my graduation thesis.
My teacher has some idea on the better algorithm (but I haven't learned it yet).

Are there any advice from the members of GCC ML?
Anything is OK:

Although I know some about C programming and I have implemented a very small
C compiler myself, I'm quite new to GCC.

I welcome advice on how to get accepted from GSoC, too :-)

Thanks,

--
Sho Nakatani