Question about Temporary Outputs

Hello Everyone,
               I see in GCC that when we use the flag "-f-tree-optimized" it will dump the contents of the input file after doing all the tree-based optimization. Is it possible for me to modify this file and then submit it back into gcc for processing to create an executable/assembly dump?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.

P.S.  Please CC me when you respond to this email since I am not a subscribed member of this mailing list.