Re: darwin LTO broken under Xcode 3.2.6/4.0

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 09:43:07PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 09:38:06PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> >> I agree it is probably better to re-code things, but that will be
> >> impossible do before GCC 4.6 goes out.
> >>
> >> We have to make a decision: keep the LTO support for Mach-O in for now
> >> and recommend a non-recent Xcode, disable it for the GCC 4.6 release
> >> and for the GCC 4.5.x series.
> >
> > Steven,
> > ? Did I misread you message at...
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2011-03/msg01336.html
> >
> > as it seems to suggest otherwise? We do need a clear answer from Apple
> > about how n_sect is validated though (per segment or per file).
> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jack
>
> No, I'm sure Ian is right. For an intermediate object file (.o file)
> all sections are stuffed into a single segment, and it also would
> appear that the section numbers are per file, not per segment.
>
> Ciao!
> Steven

Steven,
   In any case, your account is still available on my machine and your welcome
to poke at the problem at your own pace. Remember that Jan Hubicka also has an
account on my machine so he can work the issue as well. If you came up with
a partial mockup and posted it to the bugzilla, Jan could comment and might
even take over the final implementation.
            Jack