Re: darwin LTO broken under Xcode 3.2.6/4.0

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> writes:

> So lto-object.c needs a rewrite to use only a single section for GNU_LTO with subsections.
> Unfortunately I can't find any documentation for using subsections in mach-o which may imply we will
> be forced to use an elf container to obtain those, no?

We can format the information in the section any way we like.  No reason
to fix on subsections or on ELF, though both are certainly options.  The
important characteristics are: 1) the Mach-O assembler has to accept it;
2) the simple-object interface in libiberty has to read it.

Ian