Re: How working with bugzilla?

On 23 February 2011 16:28, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> Hi, what is needed to work with bugzilla like:
>
> - assigning a bug to me
> - confirming a bug (changing status)
> - adding affected versions like "known to fail"

You can edit bugs you create. To edit other bugs you need the right privileges.

Confirming a bug needs to be done by someone with the right
privileges, or many people would just confirm their own invalid bugs.

> My user name is avr at gjlay dot de.
>
> It there a connexion between gcc role like maintainer and bugzilla
> access rights?

Yes, bugzilla privs are automatically given to any user with a
@gcc.gnu.org email address, which is usually given when access to the
source code repoistory is granted.  They can be given to specific
users, but not usually to someone without previous contributions (I'm
not sure of the exact guidelines used to decide.)

You don't need the bug confirmed or assigned to you in order to work
on a patch though. Patches should be sent to gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
and you can add a URL to the archived post as a comment on the bug.