Re: X32 psABI status

> a. the int $0x80 instruction is much slower than syscall.  An actual
>    i386 process can use the syscall instruction which is disambiguated
>    by the CPU based on mode, but an x32 process is in the same CPU mode
>    as a normal 64-bit process.

So set a flag, whoopee

> b. 64-bit arguments have to be split between two registers for the
>    i386 entry points, requiring user-space stubs.

Diddums. Given you've yet to explain why everyone desperately needs this
extra interface why do we care ?

> All in all, the cost of an extra system call table is quite modest.

And the cost of not doing it is a gloriously wonderful zero. Yo've still
not explained the justification or what large number of apps are going to
use it.

It's a simple question - why do we care, why do we want the overhead and
the hassle, what do users get in return ?

Alan