Plans about increasing modularity by splitting tree/RTL more?

On gc-improv I am working on PCH (mis-)feature that it stores a few
RTXes in a PCH file through tree (think tree_decl_with_rtl). I would
like to keep GTY completely away from RTL and that requires keeping
away RTL from PCH too.

In recent discussions on increasing GCC modularity, were there any
suggestions or plans e.g. get rid of tree_decl_with_rtl or similar? If
there were, I could direct my work along those lines.

Thanks,
--
Laurynas