Re: Find a new maintainer for option handling?

On 01/12/2011 06:07 PM, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Jie Zhang<jie@codesourcery.com> wrote:
Dear Steering Committee:

The current listed maintainer for option handling is:

option handling Neil Booth neil@daikokuya.co.uk

But I'm wondering if Neil is still active. There are no replies to my recent
pings from that email address. The last recorded commit from him in GCC was
on 2005-01-19, which was nearly 6 years ago. So I guess he might have not
worked on GCC. If this is true, how about assigning a new maintainer for
option handling?

Option handling maintainership should be unified with driver maintainership IMNSHO, as they are closely related.

I agree. I think Joseph is the best candidate for the maintainer of the option handling since he made the most changes of gcc/opts-common.c. He is already the maintainer of the driver. If we unify these two maintainerships, we save one line of MAINTAINERS. :-)

Regards, -- Jie Zhang