Re: Bug triage

On 7 January 2011 04:59, Tony Poppleton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to help with some gcc bug triage, and have a few
> questions about doing so.

Excellent, thanks for volunteering your time.

> For example, in cases where a bug doesn't have a test case as an
> attachment, but instead embedded in the description, would it be of
> use for me to create the attachment?

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I prefer testcases
embedded in the description or comments, as long as they're a
reasonable size (20 or 30 lines is fine)

That lets me see the code without having to download the attachment,
which depending on the content-type might need to be saved and then I
have to open a terminal or file manager to open the file, just to see
what the test looks like.  If it's in a comment I can glance at it and
if I want to test it just copy and paste it into a terminal.