Re: BImode is treated as normal byte-wide mode and causes bug.

On 12/22/2010 06:54 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 12/22/2010 03:43 PM, Bingfeng Mei wrote:
>> Thanks for letting me know this. Since only our target experiences such
>> issue, I guess no other processors have such requirements of manipulating
>> BImode. I can live with the workaround now.
>
> Perhaps Blackfin, but it has a BI->SI extension instruction so it doesn't see this bug.

I've always thought that ia64 would benefit from representing _Bool
variables as BImode "in registers".  At which point they could be
stored in predicate registers and trivially used for conditionals.
That said, it does have a special BI->SI extensions pattern.

r~