Re: Using add_stmt in gimplify.c

Robert Stevenson <robert_steve82@yahoo.com> writes:

>      I am trying to add some information/instructions into loop statements in
> GCC front-end. For this, in the previous gcc, I have used "add_stmt" to insert
> these instructions and they worked fine. When I do it in gcc 4.6 (snapshot
> 2010/12/4) I get "undefined references to "add_stmt."
>
>     One thing I found different in this 4.6 version of gcc is that the files
> prefixed with "c-" have been stored in the c-family director. Is this the reason
> why I am not able to use add_stmt in the gimplify.c function? What can I do to
> use "add_stmt" function?

add_stmt is still there in the C and C++ frontends; I don't know why it
doesn't work for you.  But you shouldn't really call it from gimplify.c
anyhow, as add_stmt adds statements to the wrong place.  In gimplify.c
you should use functions like gimplify_seq_add_stmt.  There are many
examples in that file.

Ian