This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Discussion about merging Go frontend
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:39:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Discussion about merging Go frontend
- References: <email@example.com>
* Ian Lance Taylor:
> The Go frontend was approved for inclusion with gcc by the steering
> committee a while back: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-01/msg00500.html .
How general is the garbage collector and its support infrastructure in
the compiler? AFAICS, it's precise, unlike the Boehm/Dehmers/Weiser
collector used by the Java front end.