This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Discussion about merging Go frontend
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:38:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Discussion about merging Go frontend
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 24/10/2010 06:40, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> There are three new source code directories: gcc/go, libgo, and elfcpp.
> The last is currently part of the src repository, where it is used by
> gold. I propose moving the master copy of elfcpp to gcc, and handling
> it like libiberty.
What about non-ELF platforms? Will go not be buildable for them?
This is the second ELF-specific object reader library getting dragged into
the compiler build. Maybe we should give some consideration to just merging
the whole of src/ and gcc/ and be done with it, so that all the non-ELF
targets can get BFD support?