Re: Describing multi-register values in RTL

Frederic Riss <frederic.riss@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to describe multi-register values in RTL when the
> subparts of the value aren't stored in consecutive registers? For
> example having a DI value constructed from 2 unrelated SI registers
> (without losing the semantic of the original DI value) ?

Not really.  I suppose you could use CONCAT, but you would lose
optimizations.

I don't know what you are doing but I'll note that the lower-subreg pass
can be used to split a DImode value into 2 SImode values after the fact
that the value is DImode is no longer relevant.

Ian