Re: rules for svn commit-ing a [gengtype] patch?

Basile Starynkevitch <basile@starynkevitch.net> writes:

> Can we svn commit a patch after having compiled with a comment (like
> those of Laurynas) without an Ok from a reviewer? (I believe not, but I
> am thinking that some patches went into trunk without an ok on
> gcc-patches@).

You do need to have an OK from somebody listed in the MAINTAINERS file.
In general patches should not be committed without a review, unless of
course they are committed by a maintainer of the specific area.  There
are some exceptions, for rolling back your own erroneous patches and for
changes which are obvious.  People are expected to use good judgement
for that.

> Should we try to find a reviewer interested in gengtype? How can I do
> that?

For gengtype I believe you currently need a global reviewer.  At least,
it does not seem to me to fall under any of the other categories.

I will try to take a look at some point if nobody else beats me to it.

Ian