Re: gengtype indentation issues

On 09/23/2010 08:49 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Diego Novillo<dnovillo@google.com> writes:

I'd suggest sending one initial patch fixing indentation issues and
then sending your functional changes on top of the first patch.

Yes.

Basile, I'm sorry you have to struggle with some poor existing
indentation in gengtype.c, but the GNU style indentation is not all that
hard.  It is documented here:

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Formatting.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html

I think that this is all good but it can be done as a single patch after Basile's work has been committed. We usually try hard to get indentation right, but given the history of gengtype it would make sense to give him an exception on this.

Note that unlike "indent", Emacs's indent-region usually does the right thing as it doesn't try to fix brace styles, spacing around operators and parentheses, and long lines (only indentation). However, even then it would complicate a lot Basile's work.

Paolo