Re: -Wdouble-promotion & noise

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> What is it that you want?
I'd like to have a warning for when a value of type float is
implicitly promoted to double, for performance reasons (on x86). Note
that in that context, caring about variadic functions makes little
sense to begin with (by the time prologue is done, any notion of
performance is a fairy tale).
I can't use
  -Wconversion, way too much noise.
  -Wunsuffixed-float-constants, unavailable in C++.
  -fsingle-precision-constant, indiscriminate and wrong.
either, and, because there may be some debugging/pretty-printing code
around, -Wdouble-promotion is useless.
So, i'm back to grep.

Tho, i got to say, it was really evil to tease me like that with
-Wdouble-promotion :)