Re: Merging Apple's Objective-C 2.0 compiler changes

> > It's my understanding that FSF legal department has consistently refused
> > to answer such questions as this.
>
> Do you have a quote for that, please?

How do you quote somebody who DOESN'T answer?

The FSF has consistently refused to answer questions of the form "if I did
XYZ, would it violate the GPL?"  And I agree with that policy.

(Note that this doesn't mean that the FSF doesn't have opinions about
what maintainers of GNU software should do, but those are matters of
POLICY, not saying "if you don't do that, you'll violate the GPL".)