Re: Merging Apple's Objective-C 2.0 compiler changes

>> Btw, we do seem to have code in GCC that is not copyrighted by the FSF.
>> For example I don't think the FSF owns copyright on the ACATS
>> testsuite, and libffi mentions (c) by RedHat.
>
> That code is not part of the compiler proper. The policy has always
> been different for the test suites and for runtime libraries.

So is it Ok to import testcases (in this case, from Apple's own GCC)
without a copyright assignment ? :-)

If we're merging from a very old branch, with all the updates and changes required (and
also, the changes required to support the GNU runtime), it would be helpful if we can test
the final result against the same testcases used in Apple's GCC to make sure the resulting
compiler (which will undoubtely have different internals) is at least not diverging too
much in terms of behaviour.

Thanks