This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -Os is weak...
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:16:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: -Os is weak...
- References: <201009091643.o89Gh16l009805@greed.delorie.com>
DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> But in reality, the only thing -Os does beyond -O2, aside from a few
> niche special cases, is enable inlining, and maybe scheduling, which
> for some cases may be the wrong thing to do.
Some backends also check optimize_size to change their cost algorithms
to favor shorter instruction sequences.