This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merging Apple's Objective-C 2.0 compiler changes
- From: Nicola Pero <nicola dot pero at meta-innovation dot com>
- To: gcc at gnu dot org, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:32:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: Merging Apple's Objective-C 2.0 compiler changes
- References: <239130DD-ACDD-4758-B19B-40BA9D2CE4AE@meta-innovation.com>
Can we (legally) merge Apple's Objective-C / Objective-C++
modifications to GCC into FSF GCC trunk ?
Any legal obstacles ?
I assume Apple had signed a copyright assignment to the FSF for all
changes to GCC, moreover I checked
the modified GCC source code that Apple distributes and all the
copyright notices on all files mention the
"Free Software Foundation Inc." as the copyright holder.
I guess that means the changes have already been assigned to the FSF
and we're free to merge ? :-)