Re: Better performance on older version of GCC

Briefly looked at it -- the trunk gcc also regresses a lot compared to
the binary you attached. (To match your binary, also added
-mfpmath=387 -m32 options)

Two problems:

1) more register spills in the trunk version -- the old compiler seems
more effective in using fp stack registers;
2) the complex multiplication -- the old version emits inline sequence
while the trunk version emits call to _muld3c intrinsinc.

You can probably file a bug report on this.

Thanks,

David