Re: complex numbers in gcc

On 08/17/2010 06:20 AM, roy rosen wrote:
> 2. Is there a way to remove this pass and keep coherency of the
> following passes, so that in the RTL stage I would be able to handle
> complex numbers (CHI/CSI) and not the decomposed code?

By adjusting the rules as to what's legal GIMPLE, yes.  This
may require changes to several passes.

> 3. Is there any other port which have complex arithmetic instructions?

No.  I seem to remember that there used to be one, but
it was removed as unmaintained years ago.

The closest that seems to exist at the moment are vector
instructions that can be used to accelerate arithmetic
over arrays of complex numbers.  But for individual complex
operations those instructions don't help much.

r~