Thread model: simple and C

    first of all: I'm not subscribed to gcc's ML, so please cc: in any answers.

    I'm cross-compiling an application to a platform whose SDK brings a gcc
which reports 'Thread model: single'. even so, the platform implements a
rudimentary thread support (a subset of posix), which leads me to think
that it should be possible to use it in C programs.

    why? because the only reference to Thread model I could find in gcc's
doc is in libstdc++'s manual[1] and no other useful reference about simple
thread model.

    in particular, my main concern is not about our own program but a library
we use, namely, Boehm's GC, which I see is included in gcc's code. I already
asked Boehm itself (via the GC's ML[2]) but he's not sure what are the
implications.

    so, in short: does a simple Thread model have any impact on C-only
programs that could use threads? in particular, how it does impact
Boehm's GC usage in a C-only program? if the impact is negative, would
you say that the original gcc is compiled with the wrong flags, given that
there is a bit of pthreads implementation in the platform?

--
[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_concurrency.html

[2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/3680
--