Re: GFDL/GPL issues

Joe Buck wrote:

So one way to move forward is to effectively have two manuals, one
containing traditional user-written text (GFDL), the other containing
generated text (GPL).  If you print it out as a book, the generated
part would just appear as an appendix to the manual, it's "mere
aggregation".

Does *anyone* print documentation "out as a book", this seems to me to be a completely obsolete concept. We used to print GNAT manuals for our customers, and ship them out in fancy boxes, and they looked nice, but were in reality useless, since they got so quickly outdated.

We still format everything so that it can be printed out as books, but
I doubt anyone does it, we certainly don't.