Re: gcc command line exceeds 8191 when building in XP

On 7/19/2010 4:13 PM, IceColdBeer wrote:
Hi,

I'm building a project using GNU gcc, but the command line used to build
each source file sometimes exceeds 8191 characters, which is the maximum
supported command line length under Win XP.    Even worst under Win 2000,
where the maximum command line length is limited to 2047 characters.

Can the GNU gcc read the build options from a file instead ?    I have
searched, but cannot find an option in the documentation.

Thanks in advance,
ICB

redirecting to gcc-help.
The gcc builds for Windows themselves use a scheme for splitting the link into multiple steps in order to deal with command line length limits. I would suggest adapting that. Can't study it myself now while travelling.

--
Tim Prince