Re: No output files on 4.6/Cygwin

On 09/06/2010 17:10, Dave Korn wrote:

  Oh, and an afterthought:

> On 09/06/2010 11:51, Piotr Wyderski wrote:
>> I have a problem with recent builds of GCC4.6 (trunk)
>> on Cygwin 1.7. The compiler itself builds correctly, but
>> when I run it on even the simplest input, e.g.
>>
>>    gcc in.c -o a.exe
>>
>> with in.c = int main() {}, no executable file is created.
>> No oputput is created even with the -S and -E options.
>>
>> The same used to happen with GCC 4.5 experimental
>> in its early development days, but later started to work
>> again. Is it a known issue of GCC or Cygwin? Has
>> anyone managed to get a working 4.6 build on Cygwin?

  Wasn't it last time because you didn't have "--disable-sjlj-exceptions" in
your configure command and so you ended up with sjlj-based DLLs that didn't
play nicely with the Cygwin distro's DW2-based ones?  Sorry, that setting
still isn't defaulted on for Cygwin targets yet; it should be, and I'll make a
note to fix it.

    cheers,
      DaveK