Re: No output files on 4.6/Cygwin

On 09/06/2010 11:51, Piotr Wyderski wrote:
> I have a problem with recent builds of GCC4.6 (trunk)
> on Cygwin 1.7. The compiler itself builds correctly, but
> when I run it on even the simplest input, e.g.
>
>    gcc in.c -o a.exe
>
> with in.c = int main() {}, no executable file is created.
> No oputput is created even with the -S and -E options.
>
> The same used to happen with GCC 4.5 experimental
> in its early development days, but later started to work
> again. Is it a known issue of GCC or Cygwin? Has
> anyone managed to get a working 4.6 build on Cygwin?

  Yeh, I posted testresults just a little while ago(*).  Are you sure you're
picking up the newest version of cyggcc_s-1.dll (and all the other language
runtimes) that got built with the compiler, rather than the standard system
one(s)?  You did a full "make install" and put the new $prefix/bin (if not
using the standard prefix) at the head of your PATH?

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
(*) - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-05/msg02996.html