Re: Using C++ in GCC is OK

Thomas Neumann wrote:

Now I know that this is totally unrealistic in the context of the GCC project, and some people here get really nervous about a potential C++ creep, but IMHO artificial limitations on a pure syntax base are not really meaningful. One should look at the consequences and not at the syntax.

Well anyone can think anything, but this view is way out of the mainstream. I do not know of a single large real project using a
large complex language that does not have coding standards that
limit the use of the language.