This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using C++ in GCC is OK
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:00:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Using C++ in GCC is OK
- References: <4C030228.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
Personally, I am not enthusiastic about this decision. But I know I am
minority in this and I don't want to start a flame war on this topic.
I am pleased to report that the GCC Steering Committee and the FSF have
approved the use of C++ in GCC itself. Of course, there's no reason for
us to use C++ features just because we can. The goal is a better
compiler for users, not a C++ code base for its own sake.
I just really hope we will have strict criteria that any transition will
not make compiler slower and will not increase compiler build time.