Re: Using C++ in GCC is OK

Mark Mitchell wrote:

Is there anyone who would like to volunteer to develop the C++ coding
standards?  I think that this could be done as a Wiki page.  (If nobody
volunteers, I will volunteer myself.)  Whoever ends up doing this, I
would urge the rest of us not to spend too much time in the C++
coding-standards bikeshed; we're not going to win or lose too much
because we do or do not permit default parameters.

Can't we find a set of C++ standards that we could piggy back off, rather than developing from scratch?