Re: Target macros vs. target hooks - policy/goal is hooks, isn't it?

On 05/26/2010 07:03 PM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
This is the reason why we implemented TARGET_ADDR_SPACE_KEYWORDS as
macro (note that all the other address-space related back-end
callbacks were already implemented as hooks to begin with).

One nice cleanup would be to merge the per-address-space hooks with the generic ones when possible (legitimate_address_p and legitimize_address in particular). I started doing the work last year by hookizing the two relevant target macros, but didn't have time to do the second part.

Paolo