Re: What are PLUGINCC & PLUGINCFLAGS in gcc/Makefile.in?

> It seems that these make variables are not needed exactly for plugin
> support, but to compile plugins, in particular those in the testsuite.

"Compiler needed for plugin support" is supposed to mean compiler needed to
compile plugins here, it's the build machinery.

> Perhaps we should add a comment in the gcc/Makefile.in, something like
>
> ## the PLUGINCC, PLUGINCFLAGS, PLUGINLIBS variables are used to
> ## compile plugins, notably from the testsuite. They may change when
> ## bootstrapping the compiler, e.g. in stage2 ...

Yes, they are instantiated by the configure machinery at each stage into the
appropriate values, which vary with each stage.

--
Eric Botcazou