Re: Deprecating ARM FPA support

On Mon, 24 May 2010, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> The question we would like answered is what impact this
> has on our code base.  What changes will we have to
> make to accomodate this?  Register usage changes, stack
> frame changes, etc.

For ARM Linux, one change was dealing with __arm__ conditionals in code
that related to the peculiarities of OABI structure layout - EABI is much
more conventionally like other architectures in that regard.  I don't know
whether that will apply to RTEMS (as I'm not familiar with the details of
the various old ABIs).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com