This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Performance optimizations for Intel Core 2 and Core i7 processors
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- To: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:44:57 +0400
- Subject: Performance optimizations for Intel Core 2 and Core i7 processors
CodeSourcery is working on improving performance for Intel's Core 2 and
Core i7 families of processors.
CodeSourcery plans to add support for unaligned vector instructions, to
provide fine-tuned scheduling support and to update instruction
selection and instruction cost models for Core i7 and Core 2 families of
As usual, CodeSourcery will be contributing its work to GCC. Currently,
our target is the end of GCC 4.6 Stage1.
If your favorite benchmark significantly under-performs on Core 2 or
Core i7 CPUs, don't hesitate asking us to take a look at it.
We appreciate Intel sponsoring this project.
(650) 331-3385 x724