Re: Build Error

[ Moved to gcc@gcc.gnu.org ]

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 08:46, Sandeep Soni <soni.sandeepb@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> checking for gnum4... no
> checking for m4... m4
> checking for flex... flex
> checking for flex... flex
> checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
> checking for expect... no
> checking for runtest... no
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for as... as
> checking for dlltool... no
> checking for ld... ld
> checking for lipo... no
> checking for nm... nm
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for strip... strip
> checking for windres... no
> checking for windmc... no
> checking for objcopy... objcopy
> checking for objdump... objdump
> checking for cc... cc
> checking for c++... c++
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for gcj... no
> checking for gfortran... gfortran
> checking for ar... no
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for as... no
> checking for as... as
> checking for dlltool... no
> checking for dlltool... no
> checking for ld... no
> checking for ld... ld
> checking for lipo... no
> checking for lipo... no
> checking for nm... no
> checking for nm... nm
> checking for objdump... no
> checking for objdump... objdump
> checking for ranlib... no
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for strip... no
> checking for strip... strip
> checking for windres... no
> checking for windres... no
> checking for windmc... no
> checking for windmc... no
> checking where to find the target ar... host tool
> checking where to find the target as... host tool
> checking where to find the target cc... just compiled
> checking where to find the target c++... just compiled
> checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++... just compiled
> checking where to find the target dlltool... host tool
> checking where to find the target gcc... just compiled
> checking where to find the target gcj... just compiled
> checking where to find the target gfortran... just compiled
> checking where to find the target ld... host tool
> checking where to find the target lipo... host tool
> checking where to find the target nm... host tool
> checking where to find the target objdump... host tool
> checking where to find the target ranlib... host tool
> checking where to find the target strip... host tool
> checking where to find the target windres... host tool
> checking where to find the target windmc... host tool
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking whether -fkeep-inline-functions is supported... yes
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
>

> There were these lines :
> checking for the correct version of libelf... yes

Hmm, it did not detect elf_getshdrstrndx and yet it tried to use it
later on. I think that's the bug.  Yes, please file a bug.  I believe
it's going to be easy to fix, though.  There should be an unguarded
use of that function somewhere, it needs to be changed.

> If not, should I file a bug?
>
>>> However, now I face a different error that says:
>>>
>>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Sandy/Development/build'
>>> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/Sandy/Development/build'
>>> rm -f stage_current
>>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Sandy/Development/build'
>>> Comparing stages 2 and 3
>>> warning: gcc/cc1-checksum.o differs
>>> warning: gcc/cc1obj-checksum.o differs
>>> warning: gcc/cc1plus-checksum.o differs
>>> Bootstrap comparison failure!
>>> gcc/gcc.o differs
>>> gcc/plugin.o differs
>>> make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Sandy/Development/build'
>>> make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Sandy/Development/build'
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Did you start the build from scratch after installing the new libelf?
>>

> Yes.I mean, did make clean and started from configure step again.
>
> ../trunk/configure
> make
>
> Should I delete the previous build directory altogether and then start
> the build again?

Yes, try from whole cloth.

Diego.