RE: rep prefix doesn't work with Solaris 2.9 Sun assembler

Understood, but I'll have to stick to "small" changes as I can't get the papers.

Uros pointed to:

which appears to just be *very* coincident timing.
So I Rainer will fix it soon.
I have a patch now based on that discussion.

I used:
??? case ';':
??? ? if ((TARGET_MACHO || TARGET_SOLARIS) && ASSEMBLER_DIALECT == ASM_ATT)
??? ??? fputs (" ; ", file);
??? ? else
??? ??? fputc (' ', file);
??? ? return;

though even better might be to assume 64bit implies more recent assembler:

??? case ';':
??? ? if ((TARGET_MACHO || TARGET_SOLARIS) && ASSEMBLER_DIALECT == ASM_ATT && !TARGET_64BIT)
??? ??? fputs (" ; ", file);
??? ? else
??? ??? fputc (' ', file);
??? ? return;

I guess there was an obscure bug where -masm=intel didn't work for Darwin targets?.
What, people use -masm=intel and masm/nasm/yasm instead of gas? Or just to human read the output?

Thanks,
?- Jay